Cloudscape….

This image is part of a series that I have been working on for a little while.  Where I live we can get some amazing clouds, probably because it is often very windy and being in the country, very little haze from pollution.

Robyn from Captivate Me included me in the B&W Challenge where you post 5 consecutive B&W images and nominate a person to take up the challenge with each post, so this is my Day 1 of 5.  In turn I am nominating Herman from Herman van Bon Photography.  As Robyn has said, this is NOT a have to participate challenge but something that might be fun, but only if you have the time and inclination 🙂

clouds1

As always click in for a larger view. Processed using a red filter in SEP2.

35 Responses to “Cloudscape….”

1. Noeline Smith

I was going to say that the Dodo is not extinct after all – but maybe this is ‘Spirit of Dodo’ ….. or am I seeing things?! 😀

2. JUDE

Stunning photo Lisa….clouds are just so mystifying…..their ever-changing shapes can become totally mesmerising…!!

3. infraredrobert

This cloud pattern is a real beauty – beautiful in its natural simplicity and yet being complex enough where an artist would be challenged to paint this scene.

4. Day 1 | Herman van Bon Photography

[…] Lisa I know you adore me (well my photography or at least a few of the pics.. 😉 ) but now you challenge me to publish during 5 consecutive days a B&W picture. You got me there and I take it for the sheer fun of it. Not all of my submissions will be B&W (I start with a sepia one of an Aloe suprafoliata). And with this I challenge Noeline Smith who was born in a country where the aloe on the picture is a native and who I deeply admire if only for the Stonehenge series she recently published. That was/is a true masterpiece!!! […]

5. Adrian Lewis

Very striking image, Lisa, its very well done. In particular, I think that the two more solid bodies of cloud over towards the right add to it. I hope your autumn is going well. Bristol has been having icy weather but no snow as yet. Adrian

• lisakimmorley

Glad you liked it Adrian! Hope you are well, I’ve been meaning to ask – still getting into the routine again with the blog 🙂

6. Robyn G

Love this Lisa and glad youre joining in. Beautiful 😃😃
    Ha ha Dodo – Ive been cloud watching too, seeing all sorts here.

7. Vicki

Beautiful image Lisa.
    (and glad to hear it’s windy up your way too. Makes me feel I’m not alone in that never-ending quest for a windless flower photography day).

8. Steve Scott

There must be some beautiful ponies in the sky missing their tails 😦

9. Day 2 | Herman van Bon Photography

[…] Lisa I know you adore me (well my photography or at least a few of the pics.. 😉 ) but now you challenge me to publish during 5 consecutive days a B&W picture. You got me there and I take it for the sheer fun of it. Not all of my submissions will be B&W (I started yesterday with a sepia one of an Aloe suprafoliata). And with this I challenge Andrew Lewis who lives not too far from Noeline. Today a B&W of a lunch break during a beach hike. […]

10. Day 3 | Herman van Bon Photography

[…] Lisa I know you adore me (well my photography or at least a few of the pics.. 😉 ) but now you challenge me to publish during 5 consecutive days a B&W picture. You got me there and I take it for the sheer fun of it. Not all of my submissions will be B&W (I started yesterday with a sepia one of an Aloe suprafoliata). And with this I challenge Lennart Schreiber from Germany and he shoots people in the streets (amongst other things 😉 ) Today a B&W of a 200 yrs old wall I shot a few years ago and which won one of those photo contests in South Africa. […]

11. Day 4 | Herman van Bon Photography

[…] Lisa I know you adore me (well my photography or at least a few of the pics.. 😉 ) but now you challenge me to publish during 5 consecutive days a B&W picture. You got me there and I take it for the sheer fun of it. Not all of my submissions will be B&W (I start with a sepia one of an Aloe suprafoliata). And with this I challenge Paul Militaru from Romania. Today ‘Let’s sit over there’. […]

12. Day 5 | Herman van Bon Photography

[…] Lisa I know you adore me (well my photography or at least a few of the pics.. 😉 ) but now you challenge me to publish during 5 consecutive days a B&W picture. You got me there and I take it for the sheer fun of it. Not all of my submissions will be B&W (I started Day 1 with a sepia one of an Aloe suprafoliata). And with this I challenge Geneviève and Tamara who publish stunning photographs and are bilingual. Wonder if they originate from Belgium. If so I should like to see that famous conical shaped bag with Belgian fries in it. And B&W please and don’t forget the mayonaise .. 😀 […]

13. Lisa Long

I have enjoyed all five of this challenge but I must say that Cloudscape is simply outstanding, it has the real ‘wow; factor. Nice.