Watercolour…

I appreciate this image won’t be everyone’s cup of tea!  This is a complex reflection of a cliff face with gums trees growing on it, taken a few weeks ago at Turpins Falls.  (The website image looks like it was taken at about the same time of day)  The reflection is on a very large pool which in turn is being distorted by ripples from the distant waterfall.  I found  the patterns literally mesmerising as the late afternoon sun sank lower and the reflections became more vivid 🙂

water abstract3

As always click for more detail – a busy image!

25 Responses to “Watercolour…”

1. Adrian Lewis

I like it too – a wonderful, complex abstract with a beautiful range of colours – almost like a very complex marble floor >>> and I can see a face, two large eyes, and dark nose and mouth immediately left of centre – and a smaller face, wide-eyed and open mouthed, in profile, just to the right; and sleeping faces below your smiley. A

2. Steve Scott

I’m sure this arial shot of the west coast copper mines looks a bit like the water pool you referred to but you could mistake it for many things. It’s a very engaging image. I’d love to see it printed on silk.

3. Robyn G

It IS my cup of tea! Fantastic image and seeing by you. I can imagine standing, gazing at this… definitely!
    Great shot Lisa 🙂

4. Vicki

Nice shot Lisa.
    I love the swirling patterns made in the water like this and often photograph them myself. I don’t think I have an image showing so many colours as yours though.

5. infraredrobert

I do like this one – not every image needs to be a literal representation of a familiar scene – it is the abstract and thoughtful view of the ordinary that draws my eye in for a closer, lingering look. Very nice Lisa!

• lisakimmorley

Thanks Robert, the patterns do have a way of pulling you in. I found it really fascinating just watching this water moving so gently and it changing every time.

6. krikitarts

I’m sure many of your followers would disagree, but it would be really fun to see what you could do with an HDR rendition of this.