A new view – near infrared…

At long last I took the plunge and had an old camera converted to near infrared πŸ™‚ Β It is genre I have long admired and more recently the beautiful work of some fellow bloggers – Infrared Robert, Cybeleshine and Jan Flieger to name but a few. Β I took my first images on Friday and in the last 36 hours I’ve had a lot of fun and an equal amount of disasters. Β I thought I would share these two taken from outside our house this morning (not the most exciting scenery!) …I have SO much to learn πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Road AΒ blue sky experiment

30 Responses to “A new view – near infrared…”

1. infraredrobert

Good work – you are doing exactly as I did when I began – shooting close to home and then running inside to process – before long you will be a pro and I cannot wait to see what you capture in your surrounding areas.

2. lisakimmorley

Thanks Robert. I’m looking forward to spring growth which isn’t very far away – I think the vineyard will be a very good source of images to start with πŸ™‚

3. edmooneyphotography

Great job Lisa, I’m a big fan of IR. But haven’t got round to giving it a proper go. Keep it up I cant wait to see what else you come up with πŸ™‚

4. Vicki

Very nice indeed.
    (just looked at the weather forecast and its going to be good weather all week, Lisa).

5. Robyn G

I can see youre going to have such fun with IR πŸ™‚
    These are great. It really does change things up… Cant wait to see more!

• Robyn G

Are you almost done with pruning or more to go?
        I know you’ll have fun with it. I think IR is going to suit your style very much πŸ™‚
        I owe you a reply πŸ˜‰

6. Justin Avery (J.T. Avery Photography)

I think it’s because I love the snow so much and IR makes things look like they have snow on them, makes me love these photos. This makes me want to get a camera and convert it to IR and do some of my shots with that. I was going to take my Nikon D7000 and convert it but I ended up selling it instead. Can’t wait to see more from you in the future! πŸ™‚

• lisakimmorley

Lol! Yes, I crossed to the other side and am very excited to be so – now I am taking these images I appreciate yours even more so πŸ™‚

7. Adrian Lewis

Very striking stuff, Lisa >>> I’m posting about infrared (not up to this standard!) tomorrow, and my post will be giving a link to this one. Adrian

8. Noeline Smith

I must admit to not being a fan of infrared but I’m interested to see what you come up with. Maybe you’ll convert me?! πŸ˜€

• lisakimmorley

Hi Noeline. It isn’t everyone’s cup of tea that’s for sure and I have seen some that is really awful…I don’t intend on going down that route and I suspect I will be using it judiciously πŸ™‚